Δευτέρα, 26 Φεβρουαρίου 2018

China: Planned lawsuit targets tourists who posed in Japanese uniforms

behaviors that deny the Nanjing Massacre and profane the war martyrs and sites
A law league in the eastern Chinese city of Nanjing plans to file a public interest lawsuit against two men for posing in front of war ruins in Japanese army uniforms.


The law league said Sunday that the move aims to speed up local legislation against behaviors that deny the Nanjing Massacre and profane the war martyrs and sites.

The league was established earlier this year to "safeguard the truth of the Nanjing Massacre."

On Tuesday, a user on microblogging site Sina Weibo posted a picture of the men, surnamed Tang and Zong, at the site of a fort used during the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression (1931-1945).

They both wore the war-era uniforms of the Japanese army, and their actions stoked anger and caused strong public backlash.

Police soon launched an investigation, detainig Tang and Zong in the provinces of Sichuan and Jiangsu, respectively. Police said the men's behavior was "severely profane," hurt the feelings of the Chinese people and caused a "very bad influence."

The two would be held in detention for 15 days.
 (chinamedia)
 26/2/18

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

ethnologia news only

Five million of our brothers: It is Turks who will shape Europe's future

Europe's future depends on the Turks who live there, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told a large public rally on Thursday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin