Saturday, June 5, 2021

Burkina Faso : une attaque, la plus meurtrière depuis 2015, fait une centaine de morts

 

 --

Dans le nord du Burkina Faso, une centaine de civils ont été tués dans la nuit de vendredi à samedi dans l'attaque la plus meurtrière enregistrée depuis le début des violences jihadistes en 2015.

 L'attaque a "d'abord visé le poste" de supplétifs de l'armée, puis les maisons d'habitants, selon une source sécuritaire.

--

 Armed assailants have killed about 100 civilians in an overnight attack on a village in northern Burkina Faso.

1 comment:

  1. Gunmen have killed at least 132 people in Burkina Faso’s volatile north, the government said, as the United Nations chief condemned “the heinous attack” and called on countries to step up the fight against “violent extremism”.

    The assailants struck during the night on Friday, killing residents of the village of Solhan in Yagha province, which borders Niger. They also burned homes and the village market, according to a government statement on Saturday.

    The victims included seven children.

    Another 40 residents were also wounded, government spokesman Ousseni Tamboura told reporters.

    President Roch Marc Christian Kabore called the killings “barbaric” and said the Burkinabe people “must remain united and solid against these obscurantist forces”.

    No group has claimed responsibility so far.

    ReplyDelete

ethnologia news only

Five million of our brothers: It is Turks who will shape Europe's future

Europe's future depends on the Turks who live there, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told a large public rally on Thursday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin